About the Clare Heritage Office
The aim of Clare County Heritage Office programme within Clare County Council is to work with other stakeholders to:
• Identify, manage and conserve heritage for the benefit of all;
• Collect and make available heritage information;
• Raise awareness through education initiatives;
• Acquire knowledge through surveys and research;
• Inform public policy on heritage;
• Support the strategic and integrated management of heritage at a local level.
The Clare County Heritage Plan 2017-2023 is focused on six key themes and under each theme there are a number of identified actions which can be implemented over the life time of the Plan. The themes emerged from (1) current local and national policy, (2) communication with key stakeholders in the preparation of this Plan and (3) are in line with current Clare County Council practice.
The six themes are:
2. Training and Education.
3. Sustainable Tourism.
4. Biodiversity, Climate Change and Green Infrastructure Planning.
5. Built Heritage.
6. Cultural Heritage.